No. 2 Tony Ferguson and No. 7 Kevin Lee Meet for the Lightweight Interim Title in the Main Event at UFC® 216
(#2) FABRICIO WERDUM vs. (#6) DERRICK LEWIS
PAIGE VANZANT vs. JESSICA EYE
TICKETS FOR UFC® 216: FERGUSON vs. LEE
AT T-MOBILE ARENA ON SALE AUG. 31
LAS VEGAS (September 8, 2017) – The owner of the longest winning streak in the UFC® lightweight division finally gets his shot at gold when No. 2 Tony Ferguson collides with one of the sport’s most exciting young stars for the division’s interim title. No. 7 Kevin Lee has the same aspirations, while ultimately staring down the road at a potential unification bout against current champion Conor McGregor. In the co-main event, No. 2 heavyweight Fabricio Werdum looks to get back in the title hunt when he clashes with knockout artist No. 6 Derrick Lewis. UFC® 216: FERGUSON vs. LEE takes place on Saturday, Oct. 7 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The event will air live on Pay-Per-View.
Currently on a nine-fight win streak, Ferguson (23-3, fighting out of Orange County, Calif.) believes a title shot has been a long time coming. During his streak, “El Cucuy” has racked up post-fight bonuses in each of his last five bouts, including Fight of the Night honors in his most recent win against former lightweight champion, Rafael Dos Anjos. Ferguson is primed to capitalize on the opportunity and be a part of history. Standing in his way is the always dangerous Lee (16-2, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.). Though nine years younger than his foe, Lee has shown tremendous growth every time he enters the Octagon®, including a first-round submission win in his most recent bout against the then No. 7 Michael Chiesa.
At 40 years old, Werdum (21-7-1, fighting out of Los Angeles, Calif.) is one of the best mixed martial artists ever. The former UFC champion has defeated some of the best heavyweights in history, with wins over Cain Velazquez, Alistair Overeem and Fedor Emelianenko, and is preparing for yet another title run. Clashing with the always dangerous Lewis (18-5, fighting out of Houston, Texas) will be no easy task. With 16 of his 18 victories coming by way of knockout, including top contenders Travis Browne and Roy Nelson, Lewis is looking to get back on the winning track after his first loss in seven bouts, and reestablish himself as a title contender.
Two of the UFC’s most popular female fighters look to revitalize their careers by moving to the women’s flyweight division. No. 10 strawweight Paige VanZant (7-3, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif.) is renowned for her all-around athleticism and is an electrifying performer with two knockouts and two submissions on her resume. Her 125-pound debut will be anything but easy, as she faces veteran Jessica Eye (11-6, 1NC, fighting out of Cleveland, Ohio). Hoping the brand new division will revitalize her career, Eye has always been most comfortable fighting at 125 lbs. and is excited to compete again at her natural weight.
- A heavyweight bout featuring knockout artists Walt Harris (10-5, fighting out of Birmingham, Ala.) and the equally dangerous Mark Godbeer (12-3, fighting out of Bridgewater, England).
- Top-15 lightweights No. 12 Beneil Dariush (14-3, fighting out of Yorba Linda, Calif.) looks to ascend the rankings against No. 14 Evan Dunham (17-6, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) who is on a four fight win streak.
- Dynamic lightweights Will Brooks (18-3, fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla.) and Nik Lentz (29-8-2, 1NC, fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla.) jockey for position in the stacked 155-pound division.
- Two impressive winning streaks are on the line when the durable Tom Duquesnoy (15-1, 1NC, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) challenges the always dangerous Cody Stamann (15-1, fighting out of Sparta, Mich.).
- Two strawweight women look for their first win in the UFC as Pearl Gonzalez (6-2, fighting out of Chicago, Ill.) challenges Poliana Botelho (5-1, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).
- The unpredictable Lando Vannata (9-2, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) looks to prove himself against MMA veteran Bobby Green (23-8, fighting out of Fontana, Calif.).
- No 10 flyweight John Moraga (17-6, fighting out of Phoenix, Ariz.) hopes to continue his ascent through the rankings against the undefeated No. 15 flyweight Magomed Bibulatov (14-0, fighting out of Grozny, Russia).
- No. 12 middleweight and UFC veteran Thales Leites (27-7, fighting out of Rio de Janiero, Brazil) faces a formidable challenge against Las Vegas’ own Brad Tavares (15-5, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.).
- A battle of explosive flyweight athletes Matt Schnell (10-4, fighting out of Shreveport, La.) and Marco Beltran (8-6, fighting out of Mexico City, Mexico).
For the latest information on additional bouts for this event, please visit www.ufc.com
. All bouts live and subject to change.
Visit the UFC® Press Portal
for information and content to support your UFC coverage.
UFC® 216: FERGUSON vs LEE
will air live on PPV at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on Saturday, Oct. 7, with the prelims kicking off the evening on FS1 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and on UFC FIGHT PASS®
at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.
Tickets for UFC® 216: FERGUSON vs LEE
go on sale Thursday, Aug. 31 at 10 a.m. PT and are priced at $300, $175, $100, $75, and $50 (prices do not include applicable service charges and handling fees). To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000.
UFC Fight Club®
members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets Tuesday, Aug. 29 at 10 a.m. PT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com
. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Wednesday, Aug. 30 starting at 10 a.m. PT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com
is a premium global sports brand and the largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. Headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in London, Toronto, Sao Paulo and Singapore, UFC produces more than 40 live events annually that consistently sell out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. UFC programming is broadcast in over 156 countries and territories to more than 1.1 billion TV households worldwide in 29 different languages. UFC FIGHT PASS®, a digital subscription service, delivers exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand and original content to fans around the world. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram: @UFC.
Press Contact for UFC:
Press Contact for T-Mobile Arena